| Home » USA » Iowa » Real Estate License|
Iowa Real Estate License
|Iowa Real Estate License is one of the ways of regularizing the real estate by the Iowa Real Estate Commission. Real estate license in IA has many requirements that must be completed before applying for the same by real estate salesperson and brokers.
Iowa Real Estate License Requirements: For Salesperson
To get Iowa real estate salesperson license, one must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age of the applicant should be 18 years
- Pre-license course of 60 hours and that too from the approved education providers should be done. These courses will include 12 hours of each Listing
- Practices, Buying Practices and Developing Professionalism and Ethical Practices.
- Should have completed the state as well as national level examination
- Candidate must have the criminal history and background investigation and errors and omission insurance done to get real estate license in Iowa.
Licensing Requirements For Real Estate Brokers
For Iowa real estate brokers license there are the needs of following requirements:
- Should have criminal history and background investigation done
- Candidates should also have the errors and omissions insurance
- Applicant must have the experience of 24 months as salesperson
- Pre-licensing course include 72 hours of course related to real estate brokers in Iowa.
- 12 hours of Listing Practices, Buying Practices and Developing Professionalism and Ethical Practices is must for the broker who has never renewed his/her salesperson license.
Real Estate License Exam
Iowa real estate license also requires the pre-licensing examination that is conducted by the Psychological Services, Inc (PSI). Brokers and salesperson can book the real estate license exam in IA through PSI only.
There is another way of getting IA real estate license and that is reciprocity. For this applicant will have to get the certificate of license history showing good standing, method of examination etc.
Along with this also get the record of criminal history background check at state and national level for applying for the real estate license in Iowa. These documents along with the fee and errors and omissions insurance are submitted to the Iowa Real Estate Commission . Iowa real estate licensing can also be obtained according to the Administrative Rule 5.3. According to this, the applicant is not from the states that have reciprocal agreement with Iowa. In this salesperson or broker will have to give the real estate license exam course for which is pertaining to Iowa only.
All the applicants can get online information on Iowa real estate license from the official website of Iowa Real Estate Commission.
Realestatezing.com has also given the link for the same for further reference.