| Home » USA » Iowa » Real Estate License Requirements|
Iowa Real Estate License Requirements
|Iowa Real Estate License Requirements are laid down to maintain the working standard in the real estate sector. Basic requirement of age, education, license exam and continuing education are required.
Every candidate, who wants to get real estate license in Iowa, need to go for national criminal history check that is done by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The fingerprints of the applicant are given to the Department of Public Safety by the Commission for this check. This check is required to be done ninety days before the application for license. Along with this there are specific requirement of education for salesperson and broker, which are as follow:
Real Estate Licensing Requirements for Salesperson
- Applicant must be 18 years or above in age
- No discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, marital status, caste, or national origin while giving the license
- 60 classroom hours or computer based educational courses for prelicensing education. This course should be in Real Estate Principles and Practices. This education must be completed a year before taking the real estate license examination.
- Clearing Iowa real estate license examination
Requirement of Continuing Education
After getting the license, every candidate must meet requirements of continuing education. 36 hours of approved real estate courses must be done for the active license. The time period to complete these hours is three years. The courses covered are:
Not completing the CE will put the license into inactive status. So complete the Iowa real estate license requirements of continuing education to activate the license.
- Developing Professional and Ethical Practices - 12 hours
- Buying Practices - 12 hours
- Listing Practices - 12 hours
Iowa Real Estate License Requirements for Broker
- 24 months before the date of application for license exam, the broker must have experience as licensed salesperson.
- 72 classroom hours as prelicensing course to get the broker's license. This course must be taken 24 months before taking the real estate exam.
- For the first renewal complete the 12 hours each in Developing, Professional and Ethical Practices, Buying Practices and Listing Practices.
Iowa Real Estate Continuing Education: Requirements
36 hours of courses are must to be completed to keep the license in active form and this is one of the Iowa real estate license requirements. The number of hours are divided into three courses which are as follow:
All these IA real estate license requirements must be completed so that you can provide uninterrupted services in the real estate market.
- Law Update - 8 hours
- Ethics - 4 hours
- Electives - 24 hours
Realestatezing.com along with real estate license requirements in Iowa has also explained all other licensing related issues on the related pages. SO keep checking those for any kind of detail.