Real Estate Zing
 USA Real Estate  USA Cities  Real Estate Agents List  Fannie Mae  Freddie Mac
 Home  »  USA  »  Kansas  »  Unclaimed Property

Kansas Unclaimed Property

Kansas Unclaimed Property Division takes initiatives to reunite people with their long lost properties, funds or money. Most of the properties that have not found their rightful owners within the period set by the law of the state of Kansas come under the authority of the State Treasurer. There could be many reasons why a property was not claimed by its legal owner while it was under the possession of its holder. Change in address, death, postal delays etc. are some of the possible causes of the existence of Kansas Unclaimed Property, Funds and Money.

Unclaimed Property Reporting

All government and privately-owned agencies or organizations are required to report the Kansas Unclaimed Property Division for the Abandoned Property they have been holding for a specified period. The State Treasurer is the custodian of such assets and protects the right of the original owner or the legal heirs to claim them. There is a dedicated section in the website of the State Treasure for this purpose. This section contains relevant information for holders as well as owners and makes it possible for the people of the state to conduct Kansas Unclaimed Property Search.

Unclaimed Properties in Kansas

At present, there is over $187 million in unclaimed cash, property, money, funds and assets with the State of Kansas. The types of unclaimed property in Kansas commonly include dormant checking and saving accounts, court deposits, oil and gas royalties, utility deposits, insurance benefits, safe deposit box contents and wages.

Kansas Unclaimed Property List

If you believe that you are the rightful owner of some abandoned properties then you are recommended to study the unclaimed property list. You can visit the website of Kansas Unclaimed Property Division to look up your name in the list of owners. If you find your name included in the list, you may set out to make a claim, which will cost you nothing.

All you need to claim for an abandoned property is Social Security Number or Federal ID Number of the owner, current mailing address and a notarized claim form. If you have any query regarding any aspect of KS Unclaimed Property or Money, you may visit the official site of Kansas State Treasurer.

Property Taxes
Property Tax
Real Estate
Cities In Kansas
Home Mortgage
Rental Homes
Homes for Rent
Association and Board
Association of Realtors
Housing Authority
Appraisal Board
Top Builders
Home Builders
Building a Home
Home Insurance
Homeowners Insurance