It’s never too late to find the perfect home for you and your family. Whether you are looking for a retirement community, assisted-living facility or something in between, here are the 12 Best 55+ Communities in Scottsdale Arizona!
The beautiful desert scene adjacent to the McDowells is just one of several reasons why retirees adore Scottsdale, Arizona.
- The Best Communities for 55+ in Scottsdale Arizona
- Retire in Scottsdale
- Advantages of Retiring in Scottsdale Arizona
- Final Thoughts on the Best 55+ Communities in Scottsdale Arizona
The Best Communities for 55+ in Scottsdale Arizona
Let’s look at each of these retirement villages in more detail:
1. Vi at Silverstone
At Vi at Silverstone, you’ll feel as though you’re on holiday every day. With beautiful landscaping and outside seats, as well as excellent services like housekeeping and food preparation, this luxurious retirement ensures that you won’t have to worry about maintaining your home or cooking your meals.
- The friendly community is full of amenities including an outdoor pool, spa, sunroom and fitness center.
- Vi at Silverstone offers studio apartments with washer/dryer hookups, granite countertops and high-end cabinetry.
- Two-bedroom apartment homes are also available that can provide luxury accommodations for your guests or family members who want to spend time with you.
This community offers a wide array of activities and entertainment options. Take classes and learn something new, go to the theater or just enjoy some good conversation with friends on the patio.
2. Revel Scottsdale
Revel Scottsdale is one of the most interesting luxury retirement communities in Scottsdale, AZ, where you may pursue your interests and passions such as learning a new language, giving a class, mastering yoga, or enjoying botanical gardens.
- The landscaped community features a variety of activities and amenities such as an outdoor pool, spa, saltwater lap pool, fitness center and more.
- Residents also have access to housekeeping services from morning until evening.
- Apartments feature beautiful interiors with modern appliances and plenty of space for entertaining guests or hosting a birthday party.
If you decide to stay here, you’ll be able to interact with a lively community that is always ready for a new experience.
3. Tuscany at McCormick Ranch
Tuscany at McCormick Ranch is among the top full-service active retirement communities in Scottsdale, Arizona, with its lovely Mediterranean architecture and beautiful landscaping.
- Here, you and your family will enjoy an endless array of amenities including a saltwater pool with spa, golf simulator, movie theater and fitness center.
- Residents here love the fact that they can make every day special by enjoying lunch at Tuscany Grille or taking a class such as art or dance.
- The community also features housekeeping services and 24-hour security.
- The apartments come with full kitchens and spacious living areas, as well as access to a shuttle bus service for those who want to explore the area.
- Residents may participate in fitness and wellness classes, social gatherings, and day excursions.
Safety is a priority in Tuscany at McCormick Ranch: the community features a gatehouse and walking paths with landscaping for your peace of mind.
4. Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community
Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community is a retirement community that offers 166 independent living apartments, ranging from studios to two-bedroom apartments with full kitchens and washer/dryer connections.
- All of the apartments feature walk-in closets and luxurious interiors with white cabinetry and granite countertops.
- Residents also have access to housekeeping services, utilities and Wi-Fi internet.
- A beautiful cafe where you can enjoy drinks and snacks is available onsite as well as an outdoor pool, spa, fitness area and more.
- Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community is full of amenities and activities to keep you busy, with an on-site café that offers healthy meals.
You can socialize with friends and neighbors, take a yoga class or enjoy a cup of coffee in the cafe.
5. Overture Kierland
Over the-top luxury at any age. Residents of Overture Kierland enjoy a stunning view of the Arizona mountain ranges and easy access to some of the city’s best restaurants, shopping, and activities.
- This elegant retirement complex is focused on providing a “home-away-from-home” experience for residents, with features such as saltwater swimming pools, a spa, fitness center and more.
- Residence halls have wood cabinets and granite countertops in the kitchens. Luxury apartments feature high ceilings and natural light that will really brighten your day.
- Enjoy access to housekeeping services, transportation and a variety of activities including fitness classes, art lectures and more.
You feel safer in the gated community, knowing that 24-hour staff are present for your safety and security.
6. Belmont Village Scottsdale
A beautiful, Frank Lloyd Wright-style community in Scottsdale, Arizona, called Belmont Village offers assisted living and award-winning memory care.
- The community features a warm, home-like setting with caring staff who strive to make residents’ lives as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- The luxurious assisted living apartments feature private bathrooms, walk-in showers and outdoor patio or balcony access.
- Residents may enjoy trips to restaurants, day excursions in the desert and other activities within the community.
- With their housekeeping services, this pet-friendly community offers studio and 1-bedroom apartment layouts with maintenance-free living.
In this community, seniors enjoy private, furnished bedrooms with large windows and private bathrooms.
In addition to housekeeping services, seniors have access to an outdoor pool, local transportation and outings in the community.
7. Maravilla Scottsdale
A retirement community in the center of North Scottsdale, Maravilla Scottsdale is a luxury residence in the midst of North Scottsdale, located right next to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess resort and the TPC Scottsdale golf course.
- The community provides fascinating modern accommodations, where you’ll find designer kitchens with granite-countertops and stainless steel appliances.
- Facility amenities include a swimming pool, spa, fitness center, business center, salon/spa services and more.
- Residents are treated to delicious dining paired with amazing Arizona views in the onsite restaurant featuring Mediterranean cuisine.
Overall in this community, you’ll enjoy spacious living and prestige in a gated community.
8. Golden Keys
Golden Keys is another one of the most popular retirement communities in Scottsdale, AZ, with 184 attached homes.
- There is also an attractive clubhouse that provides residents with access to many social events, support groups and educational lectures.
- Excellence in care is provided at the community through its 24-hour staff who are available to assist residents.
- Additional quality assurance comes in the form of emergency call buttons for all occupants, housekeeping services two times per week, and full-service laundry facilities.
- Residents also enjoy inviting outdoor spaces that come with wireless Internet access and safety monitoring systems.
You’ll never regret living in this community, as it is rich with amenities such as a swimming pool and spa, fitness center and social activities.
It’s ideal for retirees who enjoy luxury and want to live in the heart of North Scottsdale.
9. Heritage Village IV
Heritage Village IV is a 55+ planned community located in Scottsdale Ranch, one of the most popular areas in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Residents of Heritage Village IV enjoy a wide variety of luxurious amenities and rich social opportunities.
- The community features an activity room, swimming pool and spa as well as onsite housekeeping services.
- Amenities include maintenance-free living, wireless internet access and spacious floor plans with private bathrooms.
- An on-site beauty salon is also available for residents.
You’ll get to experience a wide range of sporting and leisure activities when living in this community, including a fitness center, arts & crafts room, billiards room, bocce courts and more.
Terravita by Del Webb is the greatest active retirement lifestyle available.
- Amenities include a resort-style heated swimming pool, fitness center, business center, billiards room and golf simulator.
- The community also provides transportation services along with various other planned activities to keep residents busy.
- The classic home designs include private bedrooms, full bathrooms and kitchenettes.
Activities at the community include art classes, bingo nights and line dancing.
11. The Springs of Scottsdale
The Springs of Scottsdale is a luxury community in the center of historic downtown Scottsdale that provides residents with a fully serviced resort lifestyle in spacious apartments with private balconies.
- The community is located within steps of shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Residents enjoy designer finishes in the apartments as well as comprehensive social programs.
- Additional features include first-class amenities like a rooftop pool deck, state-of-the-art fitness center and concierge services.
Because this is yet another luxury community, amenities such as live entertainment and social events are also provided for all residents.
You’ll enjoy outstanding services in this active retirement community, and the management team and staff will treat you like family (and they’re even pet friendly!).
12. Villa Monterey
Villa Monterey, one of the top 55 neighborhoods in Scottsdale, AZ, is located near a number of art and entertainment options.
- Residents enjoy plush accommodations, complete with private patios and full-size washers and dryers.
- The community also provides a fitness center to help residents achieve their ideal physical condition.
- A number of social activities are available through the spacious clubhouse, which includes a bar, pool tables and card room.
- A professional landscape team keeps the grounds looking their best.
This top retirement community is close to all that Scottsdale has to offer.
Retire in Scottsdale
Scottsdale is a wealthy community known for its cultural and recreational activities, such as the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, the Scottsdale Center for the Arts, over 125 art galleries in Scottsdale, and Taliesin West, Frank Lloyd Wright’s former winter home, studio, and school. In addition to the city’s impressive natural environment, it also has world-class hotels, resorts, spas, golf courses, and shopping malls.
It’s no surprise that wealthy retirees, like those who can live in Scottsdale, AZ’s luxurious retirement communities, choose to spend their golden years here. Aside from the fact that it is located in a warm region, there is always something to look forward to in this suburban environment. If you’re looking for a location to retire to, Scottsdale has a lot of possibilities, and here are our top selections.
Advantages of Retiring in Scottsdale Arizona
Weather – half of the year is perfect weather for golfing, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
Shopping – the city has more than 100 shopping centers with high-end malls that are home to top brands of clothing stores, department stores, specialty shops, art galleries ,and antique dealers.
Entertainment – Scottsdale is one of America’s premier resort destinations which provides a wide array of entertainment options, including the arts and culture scene
Education – Scottsdale has more than 70 schools from elementary to high school.
Location – a few hours away from destinations such as the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas, along with many other attractions.
Beaches in the desert – the area is located in the Sonoran Desert, which means it’s home to beautiful beaches.
Healthcare – Scottsdale has some of America’s top hospitals and medical centers.
Family-oriented community – like most places, there are lots of activities for kids such as sports leagues and piano lessons.
Final Thoughts on the Best 55+ Communities in Scottsdale Arizona
All of these magnificent retirement communities in Scottsdale, AZ, provide for an excellent retirement lifestyle.
Take your time making a selection. While each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, there will be at least one that is ideal for your specific taste and requirements.
Overall great quality of life. A perfect place for those who are 55+ looking to enjoy life with luxury services and amenities at an affordable price point.