Florida is the perfect state for everyone looking to live by the beach. There are so many great cities, towns, and neighborhoods in Florida that you will have a difficult time choosing where to live.
This article provides information for the 10 Best Places to Live in Florida by the Beach for people who want to live near water!
- Florida by the Beach – The Sunshine State Overview
- 10 Best Places to Live in Florida by the Beach
- Benefits of Settling in Florida by the Beach
Florida by the Beach – The Sunshine State Overview
The southernmost state in the United States is Florida, which faces the Atlantic Ocean to the west and the Gulf of Mexico to the east. It has a lot of beaches. Miami, with its cultural influences and a strong arts scene, and as its entertainment scene, especially in fashionable South Beach. Orlando is recognized for its theme.
There are several turquoise and emerald-hued beaches on the coast of Florida. Florida’s climate ranges from subtropical in the north to tropical in the south. It is the only state outside of Hawaii that has a tropical climate, and it is also the only continental state with both a tropical climate (at the lower tip of Florida) and a coral reef.
10 Best Places to Live in Florida by the Beach
Let’s have a look at the finest areas to live in Florida near the beach so you can pick where it’s best to soak up some rays and unwind by the water!
With beautiful sand and soothing, warm seas at many beaches across the state, Florida is recognized for its great beaches. It also helps that Florida is encircled by water on all sides, providing a plethora of attractive places to visit on the beach.
Best Large Cities to Live in Florida by the Beach
Sarasota has a lot of things to do for all age groups. It is home to the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. The Ringling Museum of Art offers free admission on Tuesdays. There are also a number of parks for kids to play at, such as the Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
Sarasota has great public schools, so it’s an ideal city for young families. There are also many private schools in the area which can supplement your children’s public education.
It’s a great place to live as it has both good weather and low living costs.
Miami is known for being a fun, vibrant city with luxurious beaches. It’s the perfect destination for those who are looking to have a great time in Florida without breaking the bank.
Miami has an abundance of major convention centers, including the Miami Beach Convention Center and The Miami Convention Center. There are also many entertainment venues, clubs, restaurants, and hotels in Miami. The weather is great year-round, so you can have a relaxing stay by the beach during winter as well as summer without having to worry about the extreme heat or cold.
Miami has a rich arts scene and is known as one of the trendiest cities in America for this reason. There are also numerous museums and parks in Miami.
3. St. Augustine
St. Augustine is a quaint city with a rich history that attracts many tourists from all over the world. It has been named as one of America’s best cities for its romantic ambiance and vibrant nightlife.
It’s also a great place to start a family as it offers plenty of parks and fun things to do for kids, such as the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park. The city’s schools are also well-rated, so you can be sure that your children will receive the education they need to thrive in life.
Pensacola is less than an hour away from the beach. Pensacola has great weather all year round, so you can have fun on the water at any time of the year.
If you’re planning to move to the area, make sure that you check out some neighborhoods first before finalizing anything as there are many areas with high crime rates. It’s important to gauge the safety level as well as other aspects of a place so you can make sure that it’ll fit your needs and lifestyle.
Best Small Beach Towns in Florida to Live
Seaside is a great village with plenty of attractions and activities for all ages. It’s known for having some of the best beaches in all of Florida, so you can be sure that your stay will be relaxing and calming no matter what time of year it is.
If you decide to move here, make sure to check out the WaterColor Golf Club, which allows members to play golf on various courses by day and sleep there by night.
There are also a lot of great things to do in the area, including going on charter boat fishing trips and going sunbathing on the beach during your spare time.
It’s also a great place to raise a family as it has good schools, beautiful parks, and several museums that you may want to check out.
6. Key West
Key West is located in the lower Florida keys. Although it’s not on the water itself, Key West has many attractions that are within easy driving distance of the beach.
The city has great weather year-round. You can also enjoy its vibrant nightlife and unique culture while living on a tight budget due to low costs of living in this area.
Destin is a city located in Florida’s panhandle. It is well-known for its white sand beaches and clear blue water. Some of the best beaches in America can be found here.
If you’re looking to live somewhere with good schools, then this may not be the right place as it only has average school ratings. That being said, you can still live in the area if you choose to home school your children.
8. Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria has been named as one of the most popular places to live in America due to its high levels of safety and low cost of living.
It’s a great place to raise a family as it has good school ratings and is safe enough for children to walk or ride their bikes around alone.
9. Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island is a popular tourist destination due to its great weather and beautiful beaches.
If you’re looking to relocate to the area, there are plenty of things that you need to consider first before finalizing anything as Florida can be hit by hurricanes from time to time. You should research the city’s history as well as natural disaster track record before committing to anything.
Tampa is the state’s second-largest city and has a huge population. There are many reasons to live in Tampa, as it is considered by many to be one of America’s last great places.
What makes Tampa such an appealing destination? It has a vibrant food scene with numerous restaurants that have been praised for their excellence. There are also several museums and cultural attractions, including the Tampa Museum of Art, the Salvador Dali Museum, and Busch Gardens.
Benefits of Settling in Florida by the Beach
Settling in Florida by the beach is a popular choice for many people because it offers an endless supply of sunshine and sandy beaches. Some are so confident that they have moved here without any idea what to do next.
Here are some points to ponder:
1. First, you have to learn about the area where you want to settle down. Every city has a unique set of opportunities and a unique set of challenges which you should be aware of before making any big decisions. When Florida talks of beaches, they mean different things to different people.
- Some go for the long stretches of sandy beaches that allow them to relax and do nothing all day long without any problem whatsoever. There are also those who want a city beach which is crowded with many restaurants, bars, clubs and even nightlife options.
- However, there are still others who are interested in surfing, diving and other water activities because they want to spend more time near the beach. There can be a lot of competition for you especially if you’re planning to open a business right around the beach area.
- For this reason, it’s best that you choose an area where there aren’t many people that offer your services. If there are other businesses that offer what you want to offer, then you need to figure out something which will make you stand out among the rest. For this reason, many people who settle here by the beach also open restaurants or shops where people can buy food and beverages.
- This is good because it brings additional business so try looking for that. There are other ways though if you don’t want to open a business around here.
2. Next, you need to plan everything that you want to do and the things that you don’t. There are many things that you can do and see here but it’s best if you choose something which will give you a good return on investment. People just love to live by the beach so they’re willing to pay anything just for a nice place.
Because of this, you can open a restaurant or business around here and do well financially. You have to be thinking of the future though because things are always changing in Florida so it’s best that you choose something which is durable enough to last long.
3. Most importantly, you need to think about your family if there is one and consider their safety. Of course, you always want to live in an area that is safe because it’s the foundation of any good life. If you have kids, then you need to choose an area where there are plenty of fun things for them to do so they won’t feel bored all the time.
- There are many things that children can do here so you shouldn’t have any problems. Apart from the activities, you also want to find a good school for your kids so they won’t fall behind their friends when it comes to education. You can do this by asking around or doing some research online.
- When it comes to safety, you have nothing to worry about especially if you’ve chosen an area where there aren’t many people living. The only thing you have to do is make sure that your home or business has a strong, durable door and window along with top notch security systems if ever someone were to break in.
These are the things which you must consider when it comes to settling down near the beach. It’s not all fun and games here so you have to be aware of everything that you can.
You should always do your research before making any big decisions like this because there is a lot at stake here especially if you’re planning on opening up shop. Make sure that you have everything planned properly so there won’t be any problems along the way.
You can always ask for help if this is your first time settling down somewhere like this because it’s not easy to know all of these things on your own especially when talking about finances and business related topics. It will take a lot of effort but it’s always worth it in the long run.