There is more to Beverly Hills and Bel Air than just their astronomical prices. This is an in-depth look at Beverly Hills vs Bel Air.
Bel Air is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, California. It has an area of 4 square miles and a population of 10,000 people. Beverly Hills is also located in Los Angeles with an area of 6 square miles and a population of 35,000 people.
Here, we’d like to resolve the age-old dispute between Beverly Hills and Bel Air. This comparison chart is for people who want to live in either of these two illustrious areas as well as those who are simply interested in the differences.
Bel Air and Beverly Hills are in the west section of Los Angeles, which has some of the highest living standards in the city (and even the country).
- Bel Air
- Beverly Hills
- Comparing Things to Do in Beverly Hills and Bel Air
- Comparing Location Between Beverly Hills and Bel Air
- 1. Beverly Hills is located in West Los Angeles, just at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains. It’s roughly 30 minutes from Downtown LA, while Santa Monica Beach, the closest beach, can be reached in around 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, Bel Air is northwest of Beverly Hills. It is in the midst of the Santa Monica Mountains and takes a little longer to get to Downtown LA.
- Comparing Cost of Living Between Beverly Hills and Bel Air
- 1. The Cost of Living in Beverly Hills Is 217% Higher Than the National Average, According To AreaVibes. The main cause of this higher cost of living is housing, which is 683 percent above the national average.
- 2. On average, Bel Air is less expensive than Beverly Hills. The cost of living in Bel Air is 212 percent higher than the national average, while housing costs are only 666 percent greater than the rest of America.
- Comparing Safety of Beverly Hills and Bel Air
- More Things to Do in Beverly Hills
- More Things to Do in Bel Air
- Beverly Hills vs Bel Air
Bel Air is, in fact, a neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles that receives water, power, police protection, and fire service directly from the city.
- Bel-Air is a posh residential community in the verdant Santa Monica Mountains foothills. The two stately gates that line Sunset Boulevard into Mulholland Drive offer access to twists and turns of beautiful homes on vast properties with lush vegetation. A popular celebrity hangout, the community is home to the historic Hotel Bel-Air, a former luxury retreat, as well as the exclusive Bel-Air Country Club.
- Bel Air is well-known for its selectiveness, as one must go through the city’s legendary gates to access it. It has a more laid-back, disconnected atmosphere since it is separated from the city center. It also has a considerably lower population density than most other communities in Los Angeles County.
- Bel Air is located in the Santa Monica Mountains, deep in the foothills of Los Angeles. Across its low-density areas and acres of land larger than the typical lot in LA, it offers plenty of solitude. In reality, you won’t discover many multi-family units or apartment complexes here since almost all of them are single-family homes.
- In fact, single-family homes are a better phrase, because many homes in Bel Air have a big house that can easily accommodate a guest cottage, a tennis court, and a swimming pool.
Bel Air has about 8,700 residents, which is roughly four times fewer than Beverly Hills.
The city of Beverly Hills is in California’s Los Angeles County. It is home to several Hollywood celebrities and has Rodeo Drive, a high-end shopping street. The magnificent Beverly Gardens Park features fountains and rose gardens, as well as an illuminated Beverly Hills sign.
- The Greystone Mansion serves as a backdrop for several films. The Beverly Hills Hotel, which has a poolside café and is located in tropical gardens, is a celebrity hangout.
- In the year 1914, the city of Beverly Hills was formed as a municipality and is responsible for its own infrastructure, including a police force, fire department, water supply, and schools. It is directed by its own mayor and has no ties to Los Angeles City.
- Today, Beverly Hills is widely recognized as the pure representation of California. On nearly every block in Beverly Hills, money, beauty, and distinction emanate from the streets.
- Beverly Hills is a city in Los Angeles County, California, situated 1.5 miles west of Downtown Los Angeles and 9.9 miles northwest of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). It’s made up of both residential neighborhoods and commercial districts, has its own well-known downtown, and feels more urban and quicker than many of its neighbors, such
Beverly Hills has both single-family dwellings and apartment complexes. Currently, there are around 35,000 people living in Beverly Hills.
Comparing Things to Do in Beverly Hills and Bel Air
Okay, so you’ve decided that one of these locations is perfect for you, and you’re willing to spend money in order to be a part of it. But once you get there, what can YOU actually do? Let’s look at how these places compare when it comes to amenities.
1. Beverly Hills is a cross between residential and commercial areas, providing residents with immediate access to everything.
There are several excellent restaurants in the city as well as some of the United States’ greatest and most exclusive clubs on Sunset Strip.
- There’s also the legendary Rodeo Drive, which is home to numerous premium boutiques and restaurants. They’re all there: Rolex, Gucci, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace and Dior.
- The area is also easily accessible via public transportation, making it feel like you’re in a metropolis. If you prefer to drive, the city is still an excellent choice. Rolls Royce, McLaren and Ferrari all have a dealership in Beverly Hills. It’s not the same as what you’re used to in Bel Air.
- There are several supermarkets in Beverly Hills, including a Whole Foods at the city’s center.
- Beverly Hills is becoming a popular destination for celebrities because of the numerous leisure options available.
Many famous people have chosen to call Beverly Hills home due to this wide variety of activities to participate in.
2. There aren’t many things to do in the immediate area of ‘Bel Air,’ which has a rural feel and residential settings.
- There are golf courses and tranquil parks located within its communities, but there isn’t much else.
- But, all of the features we discussed in Beverly Hills are also available to Bel Air residents, just with an additional 20-minute journey.
- The major advantage of its location is the great seclusion it provides. People choose to live here since they do not want numerous stores or restaurants close to their property. They want a haven of peace and the option to shut off the city’s sights and sounds from their domestic life.
This is why Bel Air has become a popular haven for high-income executives and celebrities, such as Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Jennifer Lopez.
Comparing Location Between Beverly Hills and Bel Air
So, where are these places found? They are, in fact, very close to one another. They are only 5 to 6 miles apart geographically. However, because Bel Air is in the mountains, the journey between Beverly Hills and Bel Air takes around 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Beverly Hills is located in West Los Angeles, just at the base of the Santa Monica Mountains. It’s roughly 30 minutes from Downtown LA, while Santa Monica Beach, the closest beach, can be reached in around 15 to 20 minutes.
The area is flat, but there are hills in the distance where some rich houses may be found.
2. Meanwhile, Bel Air is northwest of Beverly Hills. It is in the midst of the Santa Monica Mountains and takes a little longer to get to Downtown LA.
The trip to the city’s core takes around 30 minutes. It is, in fact, somewhat further west than Beverly Hills, but it takes roughly the same amount of time to travel to Santa Monica Beach.
The majority of Bel Air’s homes are on steep hills with deep valleys as well as gorges separating many of the settlements.
Comparing Cost of Living Between Beverly Hills and Bel Air
The cost of living in these pricey locations is not cheap, and securing a home in these communities takes real work. What is the actual cost of living in these wealthy regions, and how hard is it to get a house there?
1. The Cost of Living in Beverly Hills Is 217% Higher Than the National Average, According To AreaVibes. The main cause of this higher cost of living is housing, which is 683 percent above the national average.
- The typical home value in Beverly Hills, according to Zillow, is $3.8 million. The number has just gone up lately, with property values in the region increasing by more than 5% last year. Additionally, properties in the hills are frequently valued in the millions of dollars.
- However, not all expenses have gotten completely out of control. Groceries are 14% above the national average (and actually a little below the state average), while utility expenses are 8% higher.
- There are also several more budget-friendly locales within the metropolis. Because Beverly Hills has a variety of multi-family residences, you may locate an apartment or a unit in a multi-family dwelling for between $700,000 and $1.5 million.
Furthermore, there are often some moderately priced houses in Beverly Hills’ southern section, which borders more modest communities such as Century City and Crestview.
2. On average, Bel Air is less expensive than Beverly Hills. The cost of living in Bel Air is 212 percent higher than the national average, while housing costs are only 666 percent greater than the rest of America.
- However, according to Zillow, the typical home values in Bel Air are actually greater than $3.9 million per property. We believe that the average is influenced by some of the ultra high-end mansions which are located within the neighborhood.
- The higher size lots allow for enormous fantasy homes to be constructed, which raises the mean values considerably.
There are a few cheap areas in Bel Air. For example, there are some townhouses for around $900,000. The community of Bel Air Crest is also popular for having a few smaller, less costly properties.
Comparing Safety of Beverly Hills and Bel Air
1. Beverly Hills’ popularity with locals and visitors makes it a destination for criminals.
The average crime rate in Beverly Hills is about 80% greater than the national average. However, property offenses contribute to the overall figure by inflating it by approximately 20%.
2. The Bel Air Police Department employs its own security team with guarded entrances and routine patrols on the streets.
As a result, muggings and other felonies are uncommon in this region. In reality, compared to the rest of the country, it has a crime rate that is 50% lower.
More Things to Do in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is a symbol of luxury, celebrity, and money. While movie stars reside in Beverly Hills, shop on Rodeo Drive, dine at exquisite restaurants, and relax at the spas, the rest of the world visits this fascinating city and its world-famous sights as a day trip or weekend getaway.
Mulholland Drive – Mulholland Drive is world famous as the residence of Hollywood celebrities. While they are frequently hidden by gates and towering trees, you may glimpse a variety of luxurious homes, some of which are among the world’s most expensive residences.
Mulholland Drive is a 21-mile long route that begins in the Santa Monica Mountains and extends to the Hollywood Hills, with stunning views of the Los Angeles Basin, the San Fernando Valley, and the world-famous Hollywood Sign along the way.
Rodeo Drive – The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Beverly Hills is shopping and Rodeo Drive. Rodeo Drive is a two-mile long street teeming with luxury, fashion, and entertainment, and it’s one of the city’s most popular areas.
Even if shopping isn’t your thing, Rodeo Drive’s history and popularity in popular culture have made it one of the most visited streets in the world. Vivian Ward once said that it would be a “huge blunder” to pass up an opportunity to shop on Rodeo Drive.
Greystone Mansion and Gardens – One of the finest things to do in Beverly Hills, California is explore the White House at Wilshire Place or tour the mansion’s gardens. The 55-room manor was built in 1927 on 16 acres of property and is an excellent example of English Tudor Revival architecture.
The stunning gardens are filled with spectacular flowerbeds, towering trees, and water features. The facility is only opened on Saturdays and sells out months ahead of time.
The mansion has served as the Chilton Academy in Gilmore Girls and Rachel’s home in The Bodyguard, among other things. Why not spend an hour or two relaxing in this lovely environment while enjoying the beautiful gardens?
More Things to Do in Bel Air
Bel Air is one of Los Angeles County’s many personalities, and it’s well worth a visit; it would appear to be a “quiet” location known worldwide for being the hill where very rich people, famous or not, have chosen to reside.
Clubs, Gardens and Villas – On the west side of Bellagio Road, which practically divides Bel Air, there are more economically priced homes (so to speak, from $1.5 to $5.5 million) and on the east side, the properties are more costly (from $6 to over $20 million).
The Bel Air Country Club’s sign, just right at 10768 Bellagio Road, is not open to the public. This tranquil setting allows members of this select group to socialize and participate in activities while also relaxing in comfort.
Golf or tennis may be played here, as well as meals from the restaurant founded in 1925. Dressed in polo shirts and slacks, members of the Country Club are expected to dress properly.
Bel Air Film Festival – The Bel Air Film Festival (BAFF) is an annual film festival in Los Angeles that has been held since 2008 to encourage people to appreciate and understand the craft of filmmaking. The event is held for three days and attracts thousands of visitors; the local community in Los Angeles loves it because of the services it provides.
Every year, the Bel Air Film Festival is celebrated by many filmmakers from all over the world, who come together to celebrate with a “red carpet” evening followed by screenings, parties, discussions, and more. There is also a section for up-and-coming youngsters. On a private estate in Bel-Air, the first opening gala was held.
Beverly Hills vs Bel Air
When it comes to Bel Air vs Beverly Hills, there is no simple answer. It all depends on your lifestyle and the stage of your life.
For those seeking the attention and easy access to world-class restaurants, trendy clubs, and big shops, Beverly Hills is the place to be.
Instead, those seeking for a more private, peaceful way of life with greater space and security should look into Bel Air.
Please consult a licensed real estate agent or appropriate professional
Information changes almost daily. None of the authors, contributors, administrators, or anyone else connected with RealEstateZing, in any way whatsoever, can be responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.