Retirement is a time for relaxation and reflection, but it can also be a time of stress. In addition to the usual retirement planning decisions, you will need to consider where you want to live in your senior years.
This blog post will compare Goodyear vs. Surprise Arizona for Retirement destinations. Hopefully, this article helps make your decision easier!
- Goodyear, AZ
- Surprise, AZ
- Comparing Goodyear and Surprise AZ for Retirement
- Factors to Consider Before Deciding Where to Retire
- Things to Do and Places to Visit
- Community Events
- Things to Consider Before Deciding Where to Retire
- What Happens if You Fail to Plan Your Retirement?
- Some Final Retirement Advice
Goodyear is a city in Arizona, United States that has grown rapidly in recent years. Goodyear is a city in Arizona with an estimated population of 86,840. A poll ranked Goodyear as the 4th best city and Estrella by Newland as the 3rd best.
27/7 Wall Street ranked Goodyear as one of the best places to live. Goodyear has low crime rates and high quality of life, making it one of the best places to live in America.
Goodyear, AZ has a moderate climate with warm summers and cool winters. The temperature in Goodyear varies from 34°F to 113°F.
Surprise, Arizona has had an increase in population by 281% since 2000. Surprise is 20 miles northwest of Phoenix. Surprise houses are very expensive in Arizona, but not as expensive as in other states.
Surprise AZ is one of the safest places in the country to live, with crime 36% lower than average.
Surprise, Arizona has sweltering summers and dry winters. Surprise AZ typically has a temperature range of 42°F to 106°F and rarely below 35 or above 112.
Comparing Goodyear and Surprise AZ for Retirement
Goodyear and Surprise, AZ are both great places to live. Goodyear has a low crime rate and high quality of life, while Surprise has beautiful scenery with moderate temperature changes all year round.
Both cities have their own unique qualities that make it stand out from the other as a retirement destination. Whether you want a small town feel or a big city, Goodyear and Surprise can provide you with a great place to live.
Both communities have many attractive qualities that make them strong contenders as retirement destinations. Both offer beautiful scenery and good weather throughout the year while maintaining low crime rates. In addition, they are located near Phoenix for those who want easy access to an exciting city.
Factors to Consider Before Deciding Where to Retire
Before you decide where to retire, there are several factors that need to be considered. These include climate preference, crime rates, and proximity to other cities for those who want easy access to entertainment options.
Both Goodyear AZ and Surprise offer beautiful scenery with moderate temperature changes throughout the year. However, if you prefer a larger city then it might be good to also check out other facts.
If you are looking for a warmer climate, both cities have moderate temperatures. If you are more concerned with extreme heat or cold then one of these two locations may not be right for you.
Surprise AZ has sweltering summers and dry winters while Goodyear has warm summers and cool winters. Both communities offer beautiful scenery throughout the year.
Safety is another important factor to consider before you decide where to retire. Goodyear AZ ranked as one of the safest places in the country while Surprise also has low crime rates, but keep other factors in mind.
Healthcare is another factor that needs to be considered when it comes to retirement. Fortunately, both Surprise AZ and Goodyear have easy access to medical facilities.
Tax rates are another factor to be aware of before deciding where to retire. Check out the tax rate in each city and see how it affects your income when you have earned enough money for retirement.
Property taxes also need to be considered as well, especially if you plan on owning a house during retirement years. If interested check out the average property tax range in Goodyear AZ and Surprise.
Cost of Living
Surprise AZ is an expensive city, but Goodyear has a lower cost of living. Both cities are affordable for most retirees, however if you want to compare more factors then consider checking out other places as well.
Things to Do and Places to Visit
If you want to be close to entertainment options when in retirement, then consider checking out what is nearby. Surprise AZ has many places within driving distance for those who love the outdoors and city life alike!
Goodyear also offers easy access to major cities like Phoenix if that’s your preference.
Here are some highlights:
Surprise has the Surprise Tennis and Racquet Complex, which is a popular destination for golfing.
Goodyear AZ offers spring training to those who enjoy baseball with the Cactus League. In addition, Arizona State University Sun Devils have their home stadium nearby as well.
If you want outdoor activities then both communities are a great choice. Goodyear AZ has a desert preserve nearby and Surprise is home to the White Tank Mountains.
Surprise AZ is close to Phoenix, which offers many entertainment options from sports games to concerts at US Airways Center. In addition, Scottsdale is just 50 minutes away as well.
Goodyear also has easy access to major cities, but if you prefer an outdoor life then both communities are a good choice.
Checking Out Estrella Mountain
Estrella is a mixed-use community in the Arizona Sonoran desert near Goodyear. The Estrella Mountain Regional Park offers hiking, biking and wildlife viewing opportunities for those who love the outdoors.
Goodyear AZ is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona where retirees enjoy low crime rates while living near Phoenix which provides easy access to major entertainment options like the Heard Museum and the Orchestra Hall.
Goodyear AZ has its own events throughout the year where you can meet your neighbors and get to know what is happening in the community.
You’ll also get to enjoy at Surprise with the Surprise Aquatic Center as well as the Pick your own breakfast fruit straight from the tree at Truman Ranch II.
Things to Consider Before Deciding Where to Retire
When retirement comes, you can stay put and enjoy yourself or move to a new place and try something different. If you’re not sure where to retire, use these tips as a starting point:
- Find out if your preferred activities will be available – You may love the idea of waking up every morning and playing golf on a course that’s just a few steps from your door, but if there are no golf courses near your chosen retirement spot, you’ll be out of luck. Do some research to see what activities are available in the area and whether they appeal to you.
- Think about your budget – In addition to the cost of living in a certain area, think about other expenses you may incur, such as property taxes and healthcare costs.
- Check the climate – If you’re used to warm weather year-round, but the retirement spot you’re considering is in a colder climate, you’ll need to pack your coat! Consider the climate of the area and whether it’s something you can handle year-round.
- Look into the healthcare options – One of the most important aspects of retirement is being able to have access to good healthcare. Do some research into the quality and availability of healthcare in the area you’re considering.
- Figure out your transportation needs – If you’re planning on moving to a spot that’s not close to your family, you’ll need to make arrangements for reliable transportation. Find out if the area you’re considering has good public transit and whether you’ll need a car or other means of getting around.
- Factor in your employment options – If you love to work, find out if there are any opportunities in the retirement spot that interests you. You may decide to keep working part-time or volunteer somewhere in the community.
- Talk to others who have retired in the area – One of the best ways to get an idea of what life is like in a certain retirement spot is to talk to people who have already made the move. Ask them about the cost of living, the climate, and the healthcare options.
No matter where you retire, make sure you’ll be happy living there. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t give up on your dream until you find the perfect spot for you.
What Happens if You Fail to Plan Your Retirement?
Did you know that most people who are retired wish they had planned their retirement better? When it comes to planning for retirement, many people fail to give any thought to the subject at all. If you’re on track towards retirement and want to make sure you don’t make the same mistakes others have made, use these tips:
- Do some research – The best way to start planning for retirement is to do some research. Find out what the average retirement age is, how much money you’ll need saved up, and what your expenses will be in retirement.
- Create a budget – Once you have an idea of what your expenses will be, create a budget and try to stick to it. This will help you save towards your retirement without going overboard.
- Make a savings plan – Work out what you’ll need to have saved by the time you retire, and set some goals along the way. You may need to increase your contributions to your retirement accounts or lower your expenses in order for them to work out.
- Create an investment plan – Use the research you’ve done and information about yourself to create an investment plan, which will help you grow your nest egg over time.
- Take advantage of tax breaks – If you make pension contributions or 401k contributions, you may be able to take advantage of tax breaks that will save you money.
- Think about your health – One of the biggest expenses in retirement is healthcare. Make sure you factor this into your budget and savings plan.
If you fail to plan for retirement, you could find yourself struggling financially once your working days are over. Follow these tips to ensure you get your retirement life right from the start.
Some Final Retirement Advice
If you’ve done all of this research and are still not sure what kind of retirement spot is right for you, take a step back and think about what matters most to you.
No matter what, make sure your expectations are realistic when planning for retirement. If something doesn’t turn out to be quite as nice or easy as you thought it would be, don’t get discouraged.
Either way, if you pick Surprise or Goodyear, you’ll be able to enjoy an active retirement life.