Nogales, Arizona is a very safe city for retirement. The crime index in this beautiful desert town is low and the cost of living will not break your budget. Nogales also has plenty of arts and cultural events to keep you busy during the day or night.
There are many activities that make it easy to stay active, such as golfing, hiking, biking, fishing and bird watching. With all these factors combined with its affordable housing market, it’s no wonder why more people are moving here each year! In this blog post we answer a question a lot of people ask; Is Nogales Arizona a Safe City for Retirement?
- Is Nogales Arizona a Safe City for Retirement?
- Is Arizona Generally Safe?
- What Nogales Has for Retirees
- Safety Around Town
- Why Do You Need to Be Sure of Safety Before Settling?
- Why Retire in Nogales, Arizona
- The Hospitality of Nogales, Arizona
- The Community of Nogales, Arizona
- The Schools of Nogales, Arizona
- The Lifestyle of Nogales, Arizona
- The Weather of Nogales, Arizona
- The Life Span of Nogales, Arizona
- The Transportation in Nogales, Arizona
- The Economy of Nogales, Arizona
- The Quality of Life in Nogales, Arizona
Is Nogales Arizona a Safe City for Retirement?
The first factor to consider when choosing a safe city for retirement is safety itself, and Nogales definitely has that. The total crime index in this town is around 28% higher than the national average. That means that Nogales is safer than 72% of the other cities in America.
This low crime rate can be attributed to one fact: Nogales has a high police presence. The total police officers per capita are more than double the national average, meaning there’s plenty of protection if you ever need it!
Nogales has a very low violent crime rate too. In fact, Crime in Nogales AZ was 98.46 per 100,000 population in 2015 and had a 58.19% decrease from 2014!
To summarize, the crime rate in Nogales has decreased considerably. Residents of Nogales and future people may take comfort in the knowledge that their children will be safer years ahead.
But why is crime a concern for others in Nogales?
If you’re considering moving to Nogales, AZ for retirement safety concerns are normal. The crime rate in this city is low but it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Nogales has a total population of around 46,704 people. That makes the number of crimes committed per capita pretty high since there are so many people. But don’t worry – the chances of you becoming a victim is low.
The number of violent crimes per capita in Nogales is also pretty high, which does raise concerns for some people when thinking about moving to this town. Each year, there is either an increase or decrease in crime rates. But again, there is no such place that has no crimes at all.
Is Arizona Generally Safe?
The next factor to consider is the safety of a state, and Arizona has been ranked as one of the safest states in America. This ranking takes into account things like crime rates, traffic fatalities and more. In fact, Arizona is one of the safest states in America.
What Nogales Has for Retirees
Another factor that shows Nogales is safe for retirees: the cost of living index here is lower than average. This means housing and other expenses will be less expensive than they would be elsewhere.
- Nogales, AZ has an excellent public transportation system that makes it easy for retirees to get around town. There are over 16 bus lines in the area and metered taxis too; no need to own a car!
- The arts scene is flourishing here as well with plenty of museums, theaters and festivals throughout the year. The city even hosts a Chihuly glass exhibit that is a must see for art fans.
- Nogales also has plenty of nature trails and parks where you can get outside and enjoy the beautiful desert scenery around town! With all these factors combined with its affordable housing market, it’s no wonder why more people are moving here each year!
Safety Around Town
The next factor that affects safety for retirees is home and neighborhood security. Like most cities in America, Nogales has experienced a lot of growth over the years. Many areas are surrounded by desert which makes it feel very private and secluded for residents.
The crime rate is still pretty low though because there’s lots of police presence around town too! Even if you live outside city limits, you can expect the same police officers patrolling the area.
Why Do You Need to Be Sure of Safety Before Settling?
One of the most important things to consider when moving to a new city is safety. That’s why it’s so important that you research crime rates and police presence in your target cities before committing!
- With such high crime numbers, many people choose not to move here which only increases Nogales’ low population. If lots of people were moving here, it would increase the crime rate and make Nogales less safe. So this is a good thing for those who do decide to move here!
- Safety factor aside, Nogales is an amazing city for families. Why? Because of the low cost of living. Homes are less expensive here than in most big cities, so you can afford a larger place! Or better yet, you could even purchase a home with enough land to have horses or other livestock. Why buy one cow when you can have five?
- Of course, with lower cost housing comes lower income requirements. Nogales also has higher-than-average numbers of entrepreneurs starting start-up companies. These entrepreneurs create new jobs and opportunities for everyone in this city. Families who move here will be glad to know that there are several private schools for their children, along with a community college and state university nearby.
Nogales is also the perfect place to retire! There’s plenty of sunshine and warm temperatures year-round, so it’s easy to stay active.
Why Retire in Nogales, Arizona
If you’re searching for a small town with all the modern amenities then Nogales is the place to be in southern Arizona. Here you will find mild weather and affordable homes without having to sacrifice any modern conveniences such as cell reception, cable TV, and many restaurants.
The Hospitality of Nogales, Arizona
The people of Nogales and surrounding areas are extremely friendly and welcoming. After living in this area for 15 years we have never experience any type of discrimination towards Americans or for that matter any other nationality. This is a melting pot of cultures from all over the world which makes it a very interesting place to live.
The Community of Nogales, Arizona
There are many activities to enjoy in the community. Every year there are several celebrations including Cinco de Mayo, Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Carnival at State Park, Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration, Christmas Parade and Citywide Yard Sale.
The Schools of Nogales, Arizona
There are several elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools within the city limits of Nogales. This means that homes in Nogales are able to have smaller acreages while still providing a great deal of space for children to play outside without having to worry about traffic on the road.
The Lifestyle of Nogales, Arizona
One of the best benefits about living in this area is that there are no state income taxes , sales tax or death taxes. This provides you with more money to spend on other things like traveling to visit family and friends. There are also many restaurants which embrace the Hispanic influence on the culture including eating fresh seafood, homemade tamales and traditional Mexican tortillas.
The Weather of Nogales, Arizona
One of the nicest things about living in Nogales is that you get four seasons instead of just two. You are able to get all the benefits that the winter months have to offer while at the same time having the ability to take advantage of the warmer summer months. The hottest days during the summer will be mid 90’s F with clear blue skies, but no humidity. Nogales is one of the only places in Arizona that has a very low risk for tornadoes and floods, making it an ideal place to live.
The Life Span of Nogales, Arizona
Life expectancy in Nogales is much longer than the national average. The average lifespan for a male is 78 years and 82 years for females. Living here you will be able to take advantage of the hundreds of medical specialists that come from all over the world to work at hospitals such as Providence Health and Services and Specialty Hospital.
The Transportation in Nogales, Arizona
There is no need to worry about transportation when living in Nogales. It is a small community and even though it is 70 miles from Tucson, it only takes about 35 minutes to drive into the city. You will also be able to take advantage of many shuttle services that you can take from Nogales to Tucson or other surrounding cities.
The Economy of Nogales, Arizona
There are a variety of jobs that you can take advantage of living in the city limits of Nogales. The biggest employers include Raytheon Missile Systems, Sierra Vista Regional Health Center and Providence Healthcare System. There are many retail stores, restaurants and a thriving construction industry as well.
The Quality of Life in Nogales, Arizona
There is no other place that you can find better quality of life living expenses than right here in the City of Nogales. The cost of homes are extremely reasonable compared to other parts of Arizona. You will be able to meet your neighbors in this small community and form relationships that will last a lifetime. The people here are friendly, welcoming and always willing to lend you a hand if needed. You can enjoy tax-free living in Nogales for the rest of your life.
Please consult a licensed real estate agent or appropriate professional
Information changes almost daily. None of the authors, contributors, administrators, or anyone else connected with RealEstateZing, in any way whatsoever, can be responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.