Parkview Christian Retirement Community is a senior living community that offers both independent and assisted living options. These services are available for seniors, as well as their spouses, who need some assistance but still want to be part of the daily activities at Parkview.
- A Brief History of Parkview Christian Retirement Community
- Living Options at Parkview Christian Retirement Community
- Fun Activities
- Pricing at Parkview Christian Retirement Community
- Benefits of Choosing Parkview Christian Retirement Community
- Benefits of Living in Portland as your Retirement Home
- What are the Pros and Cons of Retiring in Portland?
- Visit Now! -> Take a look for yourself!
A Brief History of Parkview Christian Retirement Community
Parkview Christian Retirement Community originated when Oregon Baptist Retirement Home was founded in 1944 by a group of visionaries who recognized the need for low-cost housing, services, and fellowship for seniors. Since its inception, the mission has always been to put our clients’ needs first. Over time, Parkview has grown to the thriving community that it is today.
Living Options at Parkview Christian Retirement Community
Residents and their families benefit from our 24-hour on-site staff and regular wellness checks, which provide a sense of security by ensuring that someone is accessible to assist if the need arises.
- Studios, alcoves, one-bedroom flats, and two-bedroom apartments are all available.
- Breakfast and lunch, or dinner, are served twice a day.
- All utilities (excluding phone and internet)
- Cable television
- 24-hour help is available.
- Home and grounds maintenance
- Housekeeping services
- Daily well-being checks
- Life enriching activities
- Off-street parking and carports are generally necessary.
- Additional storage boxes
- Small animals are welcome.
- Our monthly second person fee is $500.
- The third weekly dinner is only $125 per person.
Apartments at Parkview Assisted Living are large, with several rooms and private bathrooms. We prioritize investing more in our full-time Registered Nurse-nursing staff as a not-for-profit organization.
- 24 hours personal care such as bathing and feeding is provided at all times.
- A nursing care team that is made up of full-time RNs.
- Consultations with Registered Nurses are available.
- Excursions and activities that will enhance your life.
- Exercise and wellness plans are among the services we provide.
- Each day, you’ll get three restaurant-style meals.
- All landline phone service, cable TV service, and other services (except personal telephones)
- Transportation to medical appointments and shopping are planned.
- Refrigerator, microwave, and sink in the kitchenette
- Electric cord with pull-cord and pendant system
- Fully accessible bath with roll-in shower and grab bars
- Smoke alarms and a sprinkler system are standard.
- Housekeeping is done once a week.
- Linen service and laundry are done on a weekly basis.
Every apartment is rented on a month-to-month basis. There are no purchase fees. We take Medicaid, when it becomes available.
The facilities at Parkview Christian Retirement Community go above and beyond what you would expect from a senior living facility.
We have a variety of programs to help you reach your health and wellness goals. Traditional and therapeutic exercise, balance and stability training, as well as rehabilitative support are all available in both small group and individual settings.
Our small group lessons are one-of-a-kind and customized to guarantee a safe and successful experience for everyone. Residents in need of particular assistance or coordination with healthcare providers may participate in specialized programs. Each Parkview Wellness Team Member holds a bachelor’s degree in personal training, as well as national certification.
- Day-trip Excursions – We love to get out and see new places, especially with our seniors. We plan frequent day-trips to the Oregon Coast, Portland and surrounding areas as well as other fun activities such as ice cream socials.
- Movies – We love movies! Every month we show a free movie in our theater room for all of our residents and their families. There’s popcorn too.
- Choir/Band Concerts – Twice a year we host local musicians and singers for an evening of entertainment. Residents love to be part of these special nights!
- Christmas Party – We have the best Christmas party around, with lots of games, crafts and holiday cheer spread throughout our community.
- Shopping Loop – We have a monthly shopping loop with local merchants who bring their goods to our community. Residents love this special treat!
- Book Lovers Book Club – a special book club for all of our avid readers!
- Writing Class – a special writing class for our budding authors!
- Recycled Fashion Show – Residents and their families look forward to this fun event which features recycled creations made by the residents. With so many talented artists at Parkview it’s always an impressive display of fashion, creativity and recycling all in one show!
- JOY of Coloring – a special for our artistic residents!
- Board Games – We keep the classics around like Monopoly and Chess, but we also love to bring in new games that everyone can enjoy. Your family is always welcome to join us for these fun nights of laughter and memories being made with your loved ones at Parkview Christian Retirement Community!
- Bible Studies / Worship Services – Parkview has a number of worship services and bible studies throughout the week for those residents who choose to participate. We also have special activities planned around major Christian holidays as well as other fun events!
- Wellness & Exercise Programs – Parkview has a number of wellness and exercise programs scheduled throughout the week to help our residents stay healthy, fit and strong. We have group fitness classes several times per day as well as individualized one on one sessions with our qualified trainers! It’s never too late to start moving in an effort towards better health!
- Dining Out Together – We enjoy getting out of the community for our monthly dining experience! Our locations are all wheelchair accessible and we always make sure to accommodate any dietary restrictions.
- A Variety of Daily Activities – One day it might be crafting, another day bingo or karaoke night, and many more but there’s never a dull moment at Parkview Christian Retirement Community
Pricing at Parkview Christian Retirement Community
For Independent Living:
- The Studio rent cost you $1,825 with two meals daily.
- The Alcove rent cost you $1,845 with two meals daily.
- One Bedroom costs $2,390.
- One Bedroom with a private bathroom costs you $2,690 which includes two meals daily.
- For two bedrooms with two bathrooms will cost you $3,280 including two meals daily.
Add $125 / month per person to upgrade to three meals a day.
For Assisted Living:
- The price for the studio unit is $3,590 per month.
- The Studio Deluxe cost you $3,840 including three meals a day.
- While, one bedroom costs $4,170 per month.
Additional costs may apply for the level of personal attention required.
Benefits of Choosing Parkview Christian Retirement Community
When it comes time to choose a retirement community, there are many factors to consider. One important choice is the type of community. There are several types of retirement communities available, including independent living, assisted living, and nursing homes.
One of the biggest benefits of choosing Parkview Christian Retirement Community is that it is a faith-based community. This means that residents can live in a community where their faith is important to them and they can be around others who share their beliefs. Parkview Christian Retirement Community offers residents opportunities for worship and Bible study, and residents are also encouraged to attend church with their spouse.
The community has strict moral standards for its residents, which can be beneficial to seniors who want to live with others who share their lifestyle choices. At Parkview Christian Retirement Community, drugs and alcohol are not allowed on the property, and couples who live at Parkview Christian Retirement Community must be married.
Other benefits of choosing Parkview Christian Retirement Community include its wide array of amenities and services, including tri-weekly housekeeping, 24/7 emergency call response service, transportation within five miles of the community for doctors’ appointments, monthly socials with other residents in the area or activity groups, and festive events throughout the year.
Residents at Parkview Christian Retirement Community also have access to a wellness center that offers fitness classes. They can live in an apartment or villa, and their rent covers all utilities except phone service, cable TV service, and internet service.
Benefits of Living in Portland as your Retirement Home
- The Cost of Living is Affordable- Compared to other major cities in the United States, the cost of living in Portland is relatively affordable. This makes it a great place to retire if you want a more relaxed, affordable way of life.
- The Weather is Moderate- Portland has a relatively moderate climate, which is great for those who don’t want extreme cold or hot weather. In the winter the temperature usually remains between freezing and about 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius). In the summer it normally stays between about 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (13 and 29 degrees Celsius).
- There is a Lot of Outdoor Activity to Enjoy- Portland is a great place for those who love the outdoors. There are many parks, hiking trails, and rivers located near Portland that offer plenty of opportunity for outdoor recreation.
- There are Many Cultural and Educational Opportunities- Portland is full of cultural and educational opportunities, including many art galleries and museums. There are also a number of schools in the Portland area, both public and private. This makes it a great place for anyone looking to pursue an academic or artistic endeavor while they’re retired.
- The City is Friendly and Welcoming- Portland is a friendly and welcoming city, which makes it a great place to retire if you want to make new friends. The locals are known for being outgoing and hospitable, so you’re sure to feel at home in Portland.
- There is a Lot of Diversity- Portland is a very diverse city, which means there are lots of people from various backgrounds who can provide advice and experiences for you. This makes it a great place to retire if you want to learn more about various cultures while also being able to share your own.
- The City is Close to Nature- If you’re looking for a retirement home that’s close to nature, then Portland may be the ideal place for you. It’s only an hour away from the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, which offers lush forests and numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation. The city is also surrounded by hills and mountains that are great to explore on foot or bike.
- The City is Easy to Access- Portland is a very easy city to access. It’s located close to the airport, and there are many transportation options available for getting around the city. This makes it a great place to retire if you want to be able to easily travel to other parts of the country or world.
- The City is Growing Fast- Portland is a growing city, and this means that there are lots of new businesses and opportunities opening up all the time. If you’re looking for a retirement home that’s full of excitement and opportunity, then Portland may be the perfect place for you.
As you can see, there are many great reasons to retire in Portland. The city has something to offer everyone, from a relaxed and affordable lifestyle to a wealth of cultural and educational opportunities. So if you’re looking for a great place to retire, be sure to consider Portland.
What are the Pros and Cons of Retiring in Portland?
The biggest pros include a diverse population, an affordable cost of living, access to nature nearby, great transportation options, and lots of cultural activities. Portland is easy to get around in, because it’s not too far from the coast and the mountains. Traveling to other areas of Oregon, like Bend or Hood River, is fairly quick and convenient.
It has a low crime rate compared with some larger cities. According to Area Vibes, it’s safer than 83% of the other cities in the United States. It is home to some of the best hospitals and clinics in Oregon. One example is Oregon Health & Science University Hospital (OHSU), which has won multiple awards for excellence.
The main cons would be limited job opportunities for seniors who want to work while retired. Portland gets a lot of rain during its winter months, which can make the city feel dreary and dark.
However, if you’re looking to focus on your hobbies and interests during retirement, then this shouldn’t be a problem.
Visit Now! -> Take a look for yourself!
If you or your loved one are interested in Parkview Christian Retirement Community, give them a call at 503-255-7160 to schedule an appointment for a tour in their community and apartment spaces. They also offer all prospective residents custom tours with flexible scheduling so they can find the best time that works for you. They would love to show you around and answer all of your questions!
There are many great reasons to retire in Portland. The city has something to offer everyone, from a relaxed and affordable lifestyle to a wealth of cultural and educational opportunities. So if you’re looking for a great place to retire, be sure to consider Portland!